Saturday 2 May 2015

Kickstarter Projects that you may want to support

I've just backed two Kickstarter projects that I thought I would highlight.

Warmonger Miniatures 10mm German Landsknecht Handgunners


The first is the excellent 10mm German Landsknecht Arquebusiers (Handgunners) by  Warmonger Miniatures. These are great proxies for my Warmaster Empire Army

I backed Warmonger's original project for the 10mm German Landsknechte with Zweihänder (Great Swords) a while back and his models are fantastic. The Kickstarter also was completed without a hitch and he kept everyone who backed him well informed on the projects progress. So I wholeheartedly endorse supporting this one as well. With only eight days left, its already fully backed.

I posted some images of the original Kickstarter mini's in an previous post here. So if your after some of the greatswords or pike, head over to Warmonger Miniatures and get some.

Ral Partha's Chaos Wars by Iron Wind Metals Company



When I first got into wargaming back in my teens, just after the Earth had cooled, some of the first miniatures I purchased were the excellent goblins from Ral Partha. These were really nicely made goblin imps and were useful also for role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons.

Well, I received an email from Iron Wind Metals the other day alerting me, and no doubt many others, to the exciting news that Iron Wind are running a Kickstarter to bring these beasties and others in this series back to life! This is great news as its really hard to get more than the odd one or two of the imp's I like at a time showing up on ebay.

Ral Partha's Chaos Wars on Kickstater is fully funded and only has about two weeks left to run. These minatures are 25mm in size (mostly) for the average human or elf figure. But they're compatible for 15mm through to 28mm with some models being useful for up to 55mm figures.

Now I'm normally a 10mm mini man and so you would think that these aren't any use to my games. Well some miniatures, especially amongst the goblin imps, are sculpted in a way that they work well as 12mm sized orcs. So they can add flavour to any Warmaster Orc army. Many of the creatures are also great for Warmaster too. In addition, one of the reasons I went to 10mm was the lack of really nicely sculpted fantasy setting miniatures in 15mm. Below are some more images of the two sets they are releasing now.

Plans are to greatly expand this not just with this Kickstarter but with additional mini's over time, bringing life back into these classics of the wargaming culture.

As Iron Wind Metals state in their Kickstarter details:

 A Long Term Project    As this project continues to the planned completion, over 550 out of production miniatures will be re-released.   Another 1200+ classic miniatures from Iron Wind's current ranges will be included in the Chaos Wars range.
    As we proceed forward, these and more classic miniatures (both out of production, and never before released) will continue to be released, and new miniatures sculpted to be compatible with the old, may be created.



 Fantastic news!