Friday 4 December 2015

On the Painting Table... Christmas Army, Part 1

Wichtel (Gnomes) resplendent in red in honour of Nikolause

Been a bit busy lately, so not much painting getting done right now. I blame Bethesda and Fallout 4 for that!

However, I have been chipping away at my Weihnachtsmann Army (Santa Clause's Christmas/North Pole Army). More on this I will reveal in the days leading up to Christmas.

As an introduction, I thought I would show off one of the main infantry units currently being painted in a "how to"guide. One of the reasons I set this blog up originally was to be able to remind myself of how to paint certain units. I take notes of the paint jobs that I do. But its also helpful to have step by step guides as well. The 'On the Painting Table' post generally are these kind of guides.

So...

How to paint Wichtel

I used Kislev Axemen for these miniatures. See the images below this guide to show each step of the process below.
  1. Basecoat in Chaos Black
  2. Wetbrush in Red Gore
  3. Paint metal in Chainmail
  4. Paint the weapon hafts in Bestial Brown
  5. Paint flesh in Dwarf Flesh
  6. Paint fur, hair, breads and some highlights in White Scar
  7. Paint sword scabbards and hilts in Scorched or Bestial Brown
  8. Clean up any messy painting
  9. Paint highlights as desired

Paint severed goblin head as a Halloween pumpkin Jack-O-Lantern using the following method:
  • paint eyes in Yriel Yellow
  • paint pumpkin in Fire Dragon Bright (Orange)
  • paint base of pumpkin in Dark Angels Green
Step 1 & 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6 & 7

Final product
 
I'll post an update when they are finished and based. But they are coming along nicely... when I get the time to paint and am not playing Fallout 4!